Ok so there are a lot of vegan ranch dressing recipes out there – but none of them worked for me. Very sad! I’m a HUGE lover of ranch. So I decided tonight that I would make my own – I’ve pulled from around what I’m finding…As close to vegan buttermilk ranch as a Vegan is likely to get IMO – see what you think!
What you’ll need:
- 1 cup vegananese (I use the grapeseed one)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened soy milk
- 1 Tbsp dried chives – grind a little (use fresh if you’d prefer but you’ll need more)
- 1/2 tsp onion powder (might want a little more – to taste)
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder (might want a little more – to taste)
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper (it makes all the diff for it to be fresh!)
- Pinch of kosher salt
- Optional: if you have avocado on hand squash 1/2 a large avocado and mix it in! If you do this might be good to add a little lemon to preserve.
Mix it all together – voila! SO GOOD!!!
I have been a Vegan almost a year – it will be a year on my birthday which is just over a week away…and I have not had fast food in that entire time…well, I had a fry my second or third week, but it was terrible. So I don’t count it . Anyway, I was in a major hurry yesterday after Spanish class and heading over to my friends and I decided to look up where I could get vegan fast food – and what pops up? Post upon post about Taco Bell..WTH?! How is that possible? I never thought that the beans would be vegan friendly! SO excited I can’t even tell you. Bean Burrity Fresco style with some hot sauce = a happy happy me.
SO last night as I was thinking what to pack for lunch (I’ve not gone out for lunch in weeks – it feels good! ) I came across what has turned out to be a brilliant solution to the left overs from my burrito extravaganza last week! Here it is
The completed, mixed yummy salad
- about 3 tablespoons of my Nacho Cheese
- 1 cup of cut up romaine lettuce
- 1/2 cup of left over Spanish rice (Zatarains)
- 3 Tablespoons your favorite salsa
- 2 Tablespoons Vegan sour cream
- 1/3 cup Vegan refried black beans
- 1/2 cup tomato
- 1/2 cup tortilla chips
- 1 small avocado
Layers from the bottom up:
- Crushed up tortilla chips
- Mix together the salsa and Vegan sour cream – use this as “dressing”…only use what you want