Ok, so this is my take on one of my most favorite foods when I was a carnivore and didn’t care what they put in anything I ate: Guacamole. Stay tuned, you’ll be surprised!
First things first – don’t judge what you are about to read. Try it and then tell me you don’t LOVE it.
Something interesting about Guacamole that I found after I went Vegan: often times there is either sour cream or yogurt in guacamole…I honestly did not know this! Well there are better an healthier ways to go about that…and here I go!
Things you will need…
- Hand held blender (It’s the easiest thing to use for this, but you could use a food processor if you want, or even an upright blender).
- Bowl that will hold 3-4 cups
- 1 to 2 T of canned chopped green chiles
- 1 small/medium spanish onion (I like sweet onion in mine because it is more mild – but use whatever you like)
- 1/2 a medium lemon fresh juice
- 1/2 to 1 cup Organic tomato (pick your type – I use whatever I have on hand)
- 2 softish medium Organic avocados
- 1-12 oz can of sweet peas (unsalted) – Surprise! I know this is scary, trust me! I stole this idea from a non-Vegan Guac recipe from Hungry Girl’s Holy Moly Guacamole, but she uses Yogurt and a bunch of other seasonings/ingredients that I didn’t want to include :).
- Kosher salt
- Fresh ground black pepper
That’s it – pretty simple.
- Blend the peas (after draining) so that you can’t tell it is peas 🙂
- Add in both avocado – blend again to desired consistency (I like very few chunks, personally)
- Place in bowl
- Chop up onion and tomato – add in and combine gently
- Add salt, pepper (you may want more or less, to taste), lemon juice and green chiles
I love it, I hope you do too!