I’m sure this is out on the web somewhere – but i couldn’t find it so I made my own! I desperately wanted nachos over this holiday..I mean, DESPERATELY. Problem 1: cheesy like substance that is not horribly bad for you and is still Vegan! I came as close as you can me thinks 🙂 Tell me what you think!
- Note: this makes about a cup of cheese – multiply for large parties.
- 1 1/2 cup soy milk (unsweetened)
- 1 1/2 cup Daiya shredded cheddar cheese
- 1-2 T of nutritional yeast
- 1 7 ounce can of tomato/green chiles (found in the ethnic food isle)
- 1/8 t Paprika
- 1/8 t Cayanne pepper
- 1/8 t Kosher salt
- 1/8 t Fresh black pepper (i used a couple of twists of freshly ground)
- In a small sauce pan on medium heat, put the soy milk in the pot and start stirring.
- When milk is starting to get warm, add half the amount of cheese and stir continuously until cheese is integrated (I like to use a whisk).
- Once this cheese is integrated – add the remainder of cheese.
- Once desired consistency is reached (I like it coating my spoon in a thickish layer), add in salt, pepper, cayenne pepper, nutritional yeast and paprika.
- Add to top of nachos
- Add vegan sour cream, salsa, and my guacamole-mole-mole 🙂