So here we are over the holidays and I am CRAVING chocolate – – oh, and I’m sorry when I say “holidays” I mean Christmas day when EVERYTHING IS CLOSED and I have no chocolate. This is bad! Call out the National Guard, she’s gonna blow!!! Thankfully cooler heads prevailed and I started looking in my pantry…I (again) won’t post the recipes that totally failed, but I will post what finally resulted in what is now my FAVORITE chocolate fudgey sauce.
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder (I use Ghirardelli unsweetened)
- 4T Vegan brown sugar
- 1 t of Vegan butter (Earth Balance – I use the Soy Garden)
- 4 T and 1 t Vegan Soy creamer
- 1/2 t pure vanilla extract
- In a small pot – on medium heat – combine the cocoa powder and brown sugar. Whisk together until combined (this will be dry)
- Add in the Soy creamer a tablespoon at a time, whisking as you go.
- Once all is mixed together, add in the remaining teaspoon of Soy creamer and vanilla extract – combine
- Continue whisking until you have all the elements combined and no lumps exist.
- Add in the butter (for gloss) and whisk togehter
This yields about 1/2 cup of Chocolate Fudgey Sauce – but it is very easy to multiply, and does so simply by doubling or tripling. My one note of caution if you decide to double or triple: Don’t make so much that it will sit for more than 5 days or so, soy creamer still does bad like all other creamers :).
I keep mine in a glass container, shown below. It makes a great topping for ice cream, or added together with Soy Milk for some Vegan Hot Chocolate 🙂 Enjoy!