I love hot things on top of ice cream! My hot fudge/chocolate sauce recipe is coming later 🙂 This is dedicated to a healthier topping: Mixed berries!
- 12 inch saute pan
- 5 cups frozen mixed berries (I used the large bag of blackberries/blueberries/raspberries from Costco)
- 2 T Vegan butter (I used Soy Garden)
- 1/2 cup Organic brown sugar
- 1/4 cup brandy
- Heat saute pan on medium heat for a few minutes until it is warmed
- Add all of the berries to the pan and cover until the berries have started to thaw (when you can no longer see they are frozen)
- Begin stirring
- when you have a some liquid starting to show, add in the sugar and continue to stir (Note: you may need a little water, depending on how frozen the berries were).
- Add Brandy and turn up the heat
- Heat at a medium high heat so the compote can “boil” and burn off some of the liquid, including the alcohol in the Brandy.
- When the Compote begins to thicken, it is done. It should still have a bit of liquid to it, so don’t let it get to be “solid” in ANY way, otherwise, it doesn’t go that well with the ice cream 🙂