As I was starting to write this post I began thinking…what the heck does Alfredo mean anyway? Can I really call this dish that? Hmm… Wikipedia tells me that Alfredo means “A sauce for pasta incorporating butter, cream, garlic, and Parmesan cheese.” Happy to say this is actually a vegan version 🙂 Only I must admit I DO like this one better. When I started thinking about what I wanted to make I did a lot of research – there are alot of this kind of recipe out there…but like most one’s I find, it’s not perfect for me yet 🙂 Here is my take!
What you will need:
- Whole wheat pasta (I use linguine, because it is my favorite :))
- 1 Tablespoon parmesan substitute
- 2 large avocados
- Juice of one lemon
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/4 teaspoon of kosher salt
- 3-4 fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup unsweetened soy milk
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
This is the easiest recipe…really.
- Boil water for the noodles – you’ll want them done by the time the below is completed…takes about 10-15 minutes.
- You will need a food processor.
- Start out by shelling and cutting the garlic clove in quarters – put it in the food processor and mince it
- Add 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil and 1 Tablespoon lemon juice – process it on high in short bursts for a minute until it becomes creamy in texture
- Add the four halves of the two avocados – blend on high, pulsing as needed
- Open the feeder and pour in the soy milk – keep blending on low until combined
- Add additional Tablespoon of Olive Oil and another Tablespoon of Lemon juice – blend on low, pulsing
- Add 3-4 basil leaves and pulse on high
- Add salt and vegan parm substitue- pulse on low til combined
- Cut up the tomato
Linguine noodles – Avocado Alfredo Sauce – Tomato – tiny bit of salt on top – add on more parm sub if you want! Enjoy SOOOO GOOD!!!