HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!
So I totally stole this idea from a fantastic person I follow on Twitter, Kelly Bennett and put together my OWN list of 12 goals for 2012…hope she doesn’t mind! 🙂 If you are on Twitter and are even remotely interested in being Vegan – FOLLOW her. She’s fab…ok, here it goes:
- Run my first 5K in Pittsburgh on May 6.
- Connect more with the vegan community (in GA and around the US).
- Start a book club – anyone interested?
- Travel! I want to visit my family more often, in Michigan and Pittsburgh. Also want to travel to Chicago to see friends, and hopefully abroad to Europe as well.
- Take classes: Spanish, PM, Vegan, Strategy.
- Vary my breakfast….I tend to eat Banana every. single. morning. Must diversify.
- Be thankful every day for everything I am and everything I have been blessed with.
- Blog more consistently!
- Be more open to creating new relationships.
- Run my first Half Marathon (in preparation to run the Tinkerbell Half Marathon at Disney World in Jan 2013.
- Keep an open mind and an open spirit – for things to come 🙂
My hope: all of those doomsday people saying that on December 21st 2012 something will end us all doesn’t! I want to die when I’ve found the love of my life, and had children…and LIVED. Having said that…an asteroid could come and destroy the whole thing at any time, and I’m good with my God so bring it! 😉 🙂
Happy New Year 2012 to everyone! Much love…
WELCOME 2012…Goodbye 2011…HAPPY NEW YEAR to all!!!
I hope everyone has had an awesome holiday! I enjoyed it with mom – gave her a Kindle Fire that I now covet — thankfully she loves it!
May it be a fantastic time for everyone!
I always forsake my blog for months at a time…I’m sorry! One of my 12 things to do (blog post coming) is to blog more regularly.
Ok, so I have to admit – when the kindle came out as a tech geek I was kind of excited, but I love reading books…the feel, the smell. I could never imagine actually purchasing one. That is until my friend Janet decided to make me envious. And so it became when I ended up at Target before my Florida trip to purchase one.
I’m in love. So many free books – Jane Austin, Dumas….yay! Of course I also bought a few books, cuz, hello!
What did i learn?
Don’t say never Paula – you’re going to live to erm…love it 🙂
I realized tonight that I have not posted in a while! Sad, but the reason for me not isn’t..I’ve been busy having a PERSONAL life. That’s right! **go me**
I know this is not going to sound like a big deal to most people, but I’ve spent the better part of 7 years since grad school building a career, and putting it first in my life.
I went on a weekend vacation to St. George Island in Florida – FANTASTIC weekend…full of introspection, burned me, terrible vegan food (eating out on the coast as a vegan? Laughable, but I thankfully brought food to make for myself – which even the non-vegan enjoyed, thank you very much! Gorgeous hot, muggy weather, beautiful beach, and the redneck riviera – what could be better? 🙂
The second part is men – I am not sure what it is I am doing with current beaux, but it’s working for me. Feels more like a really good friendship – which I am finding suits my needs right now…but leads me to what I want next, which is sort of freaking me out: a family? What’s up with that?! I’ve been the single “dater” for so long I am not sure how to go about this, but I am going to try.
So be prepared for adventures in dating! I plan on kissing…and telling 🙂
til next time