Ok – possibly the most awesome recipe to ever be made Vegan, and it was done so by my mom and I! This is a recipe that we used to make as carnivores, and we could not possibly live without as Vegans..so we set about making it work! Took a couple of tries, but it all worked out in the end. Try them, love them, thank me later 🙂
Ingredients – Cookies
- ½ cup of softened Vegan butter (NOT melted – never melt earth balance…)
- 1 cup sugar (unbleached)
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 ½ tsp of Vegan egg substitute mixed with 2 T warm water
- 1 ½ cup flour
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
Baking Directions – Cookies
- Beat softened butter and add sugar– beat until fluffy.
- Add mixed vegan egg substitute and vanilla extract – beat well.
- In a separate bowl, stir together: Flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Add flour mixture to butter mixture and beat well.
- Shape dough into small balls and place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Press thumbprint into middle of ball.
- Drain 10 oz. jar of cherries, reserve juice. Place cherry in thumbprint of cookie.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 350 degrees.
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1-10 oz. jar of maraschino cherries
Ingredients – Fudge Icing
- 1 cup Vegan semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 T of Vegan cream cheese
- 1/8 cup of soy coffee creamer
- ¼ cup of cherry juice (from cookie recipe)
- 1/3 cup of Vegan powdered sugar
Directions – Fudge Icing
- In a small saucepan, combing chocolate chips, cream cheese, soy coffee creamer and melt over low heat. Stir in cherry juice and powdered sugar.
- Once melted and combined to desired thick consistency, add to top of cooled cookies.
SO my mom and I went on a cooking bonanza during the holiday…some of it was AWESOME (those recipes coming!)…those that were terrible, well those are going to stay quiet, but I will of course post pictures! 🙂 Enjoy.
Vegan Buried Cherry fudge cookies – simply awesome and addictive. Thankfully we made 21 dozen, 18 of which we gave away 🙂
Vegan Guacamole (yes, I know, you’re wondering: isn’t guacamole already vegan? Answer: nope, most places add sour cream or yogurt…some add cheese). VERY very good and very easy. My secret ingredient…well, you’d never guess 🙂
Vegan Chocolate Chip cookies – Absolutely NASTY. OMG. There were actually a previous batch, which we thought was the worst. Then we had these…we were wrong the first time. Both batches: inedible. Sigh.
Vegan Nachos: AWESOME! I love it! I made my own nacho cheese, and we were really really happy with them 🙂
“Creamy” Pasta: Absolutely the most disgusting thing we made. I tried the “sauce” before it went into the oven, and would not even try a little bit when it came out. GROSS!!! Forks over Knives recipe: EPIC FAIL!!!!
Mixed Berry compote with Brandy: Awesome dessert! Made a mixed berry compote with brandy (aw yeah), filo dough, and soy vanilla ice cream. Pretty great!
Chili: Best Chili I have ever made! I made enough to last me a month…but that’s ok with me! Seriously awesome and spicy – and of course, completely vegan (with soy crumble). Add a little vegan sour cream, daiya and yummmm 🙂
These are just a few of the highlights…Hope you enjoyed reading my foibles…many more to come to be sure 🙂 LOL.