This is my simple go-to breakfast. I have it most mornings (unless I’m lazy or running late and just grab a banana). Not sure how you will all feel about it, but for me, it does the trick 🙂
- 1 1/2 cup soy milk (I use unsweetened)
- 1/2 cup frozen fruit (I use mixed berrries)
- 1 banana (whatever size you want)
- 1 T whole flax seeds (I use a coffee grinder to pummel them into submission for adding to the drink)
- Shaker cup
- Put soy milk and banana into the blender – blend until smooth
- Add the frozen fruit – blend until smooth
- Pour into shaker glass (Mine has a little ball in it to mix) and add the ground up flax seed
- Shake Shake Shake
VOILA! My breakfast drink 🙂 It holds me longer than anything else I have found (for me) and gives me awesome energy.
One of my favorite meals since becoming a Vegan is Meatless “Meat” Spaghetti sauce with Linguine noodles. It saves my life on a daily basis!
It’s fairly simple – take my favorite vegan marinara and add meatless meat crumbles (my favorite brand is Trader Joes). Warm the crumbles and add italian seasoning to them as well as a little minced garlic – then add in 2 or 3 jars of the marinara (did I mention this makes a TON of food – which I end up freezing) and simmer for 30 or so minutes. I also add 4 cups of fresh mushrooms. I love mushrooms…my friend Heather can speak to that 🙂
Something else I have found – heating on the stove top instead of in the micro makes a huge taste difference…so I’ve taken to making only the noodles that I want for that meal. Happy me!
One of two things I am having a hard time getting over now comes into play – Parmegiano Reggiano cheese. Not a ton, but it makes such a difference in taste of pasta….someday I will hopefully find a substitute!! Alas, today is NOT that day.